Visa and Entry regulations

For non-EU citizens

Visa Application

If you require a visa to enter Germany, you must apply for this at the German Embassy or German Consulate in your home country.

Please apply for your visa as soon as possible. It's advisable to apply for it as soon as you've received your letter comfirming your admission

You need:

  • Letter confirming admission
  • Proof of sufficient financial resources to fund your stay (Proof of Finances)

EU citizens

If you are an EU citizen, you don't need a visa to enter Germany.
If you stay in Germany for more than 3 months, you require a "Freizügigkeitsbescheinigung" (Freedom of Movement Certificate). This is issued by the Foreign Citizens' Office of the City of Bochum.

Foreign Citizens' Office in Bochum

Willy-Brandt-Platz 2-8
44777 Bochum
Tel.:+49(0)234 910-24 00
Fax: +49(0)234 910-19 94

Proof of finances

Entry regulations


Theodoros Markakidis

Joana Dewender